(850) 222-3533 - Office
(850) 222-2126 - Fax
(850) 241-0702 - Other
Email R. Terry Rigsby
215 South Monroe Street, 2nd Floor
Tallahassee, Florida 32301
Mr. Rigsby has over thirty years experience in administrative law, with a primary focus on health law. He has assisted clients on a broad range of issues including Certificate of Need; design and implementation of corporate compliance programs, including creative approaches to training, monitoring and auditing; licensure, including change of ownership; Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement; and health care compliance. He has represented clients in all facets of health care including health care systems, hospitals, clinical laboratories, hospice providers, continuing care retirement centers (CCRCs), nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health agencies, pharmacies and drug wholesalers.
Mr. Rigsby received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Florida College of Law in 1975 and his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida in 1972.
Mr. Rigsby holds an AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, the highest rating for legal abilities and ethical standards, and is Board Certified in State & Federal Government and Administrative Practice by The Florida Bar. Mr. Rigsby is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2007-2012 editions; the 2002 Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell; and is the 2010 Recipient of the Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Pro Bono Award.
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners (2001-2006)
-Emeritus Member (2007-Present)
- Commissioner, Florida Commission on Ethics (1992-1996)
- Florida Academy of Healthcare Attorneys, Board of Directors
- Health Care Compliance Association, Member
- Florida Hospital Association, Associate Member
- American Health Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Health Care Association, Associate Member
Publications and Presentations
- Author, “Certificate of Need,” The Florida Bar’s 2010 Practitioner’s Health Law Handbook.
- Author, “Compliance Programs for Billing Companies."
- Speaker, “Certificate of Need and Licensing of Health Care Facilities,” The Florida Bar Health Law Section Certification Seminar.